- Pressure cook the arbi with three cups of water and give one whistle. Cool and drain.
- To prepare makhani gray, put tomatoes in a bandi, add one cup of water, ginger and garlic paste, green chilli, red chilli powder, laung and cardamom.
- Boil. Cover and cook on low heat till it is reduced to a saucy consistency and bleand it in a mixer
- Add butter , honey and salt , Simmer on low flame for 1-2 minutes
- Then add kasoori methi and remove from fire.
Keep the makhani gray aside.
- Peel and flatten each piece or arbi.
- Put salt and red chilli powder on it.
Sprinkle dry besan.
- Overturn the pieces and sprinkle salt, red chilli and besan on the other side too.
mix, so as to coat lightly.
- Heat oil on a large tawa, add half the arbi and sauté over medium heat till golden.
- Shift the fried arbi from the center to the sides (periphery) of the tawa.
- Add the rest of the arbi, fry and shift to the sides.
- In the same oil, add ajwain, when it turns golden, add chopped onions, grated ginger and green chilli and sauté for three minutes.
- Add 1/2 tsp salt.
- Return the arbi to the center, add red chillies and half of the coriander.
- Fry for a minute. Add the prepared makhani gray and fry until the arbi is coated with the gravy.
- .Sprinkle lemon juice, garam masala and the remaining coriander.
- Stir and serve immediately.
MAKHANI ARBI MASALA RECIPE
250 gms gram flour Oil 4 tblspAjwain 2 tspOnion chopped 2 Green chilli chopped 1 tbsp Red chilli powder 2 tblsp Chopped coriander Salt 2 tsp Lemon juice 1 tblsp Garam masala 2Tomatoes chopped 250 gmsGinger paste 2 tsp Garlic paste 1/2 tspGreen chilli 1 Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp cloves 2 green cardamom Salt to taste Butter - 2 tblsp Honey- 1 tsp Kasoori methi - 1 tblsp