To Prepare Appam Recipe :
- Drain the soaked rice and grind it along with the coconut shavings .
- Cook the grinded mixture rice to a fine thick paste.
- Add the yeast and Also add salt and sugar to taste. mix all the ingredients well.
- Allow to ferment at room temperature for at least 6 hours.
- Heat a small non-stick pan.
- pour approximately half a cup of grinded mixture and swirl the pan around. Ensure if a thin layer of the grinded mixture covers the sides. And check for the thick layer collects at the bottom. Cover with a lid on medium heat for about few minutes or till the edges have become golden crisp and the centre is soft and spongy.